In a group chat, it’s not all about sending text messages. Sometimes, you need an image or video to better explain a topic. For instance, when you hold a discussion in your community, you would need to share charts or graphs to present the topic. This is the time that you send photos or audio/video messages to better explain it to the community.
Not only that, but a feature like this is also helpful for businesses and professionals that offer their services online.
How to send photos in the group chat
Sending photos in the group chat is very straightforward. There are two ways you can do this.
The first option is by uploading photos directly.
- First, you need to click the paperclip button in the text box. This will open the attachments page.
- After that, click Add file to upload an image from your device.
- If you want to share a new photo, then click Take photo. This will take you to the camera and snap the photo that you want to share.
You can do the same steps on the private chat. The only difference is that you’re sharing it with only one person rather than all members of the group chat.
The second option is copying and pasting an image.
- First, find an image that you want to share.
- Then, right-click on your mouse and choose Copy image.
- Switch to RumbleTalk group chat and paste the image on your text box by using the right-click or Ctrl + V.
- Share the image to your group chat.
You can read more about it here: Copy and Paste Images in your Group Chat
Sending audio and video messages
In the group chat, you can send video and audio messages.
There are two ways you can use the feature:
- First, you can record up to 30 seconds of audio or video message to the group chat so all members of the chat can see it.
- Second, you can record up to 30 seconds of audio or video messages solely for private chats.
Whether you open a group chat or a private chat, you can record audio and video messages that can be seen by the receiver/s.
To send audio and video messages, just click the paperclip button on your group chat or private chat.
After that, you can record the message, preview it, and send it to your peers.
How recording works
With this chat feature, you can record almost anything.
For example, a short introduction to your students, a guide for a new process, or a video sample for your new product, the recording feature is short but to the point.
However you choose to make the most of it, the extended recording time will be helpful to your chat experience.
The ability to send photos and videos is a must-have feature for any group chat
When you have a group chat for your business or community, you should be able to send photos and videos any time you want. Why is that? These are helpful for any instructions or guides that a message cannot explain easily.
This is avoidable if you can add a visual example for the members of your group chat. Others can share their input as well if they find anything that’s not clear. Therefore, this makes it easier to understand any topic.
You can sign up to RumbleTalk and share your photos and videos with your community.